With financial support from the Kempe Foundation, we now invite applications from multidisciplinary teams representing different departments at Umeå University or SLU for research projects that require across disciplines and methodologies. Three teams will be awarded funding to cover one 2-year postdoctoral fellowship and 70,000 SEK for running and recruitment costs. The newly funded postdocs will be based in IceLab and the funded research team should contribute to building and strengthening IceLab. This multidisciplinary project call is the second of three envisioned annual calls.
We will recruit postdoctoral fellows in two phases. The current application represents phase 1.
In this phase, a team of researchers who will act as co-advisors of the future postdoctoral fellow write a project proposal and submit it through our application portal. The team should consist of two or more researchers from at least two different departments at Umeå University or SLU.
We invite you to an open pitch session on Zoom on April 20th, one month before the submission deadline. We will present IceLab and this multidisciplinary project call and offer researchers a chance to look for application partners. We encourage pitches from researchers who have not identified a partner yet, but have one or more of the following characteristics:
- They are looking for open problems/questions to create new collaborations.
- They have an open project or idea that they feel could benefit from a collaboration
- They have a dataset and want to see if there is more they can do with it
- They have a research tool or approach and want to find a collaborator with an idea or data to apply it to
Because the funded postdocs will be based in IceLab, researchers from successful applications who are not currently a part of IceLab will become new affiliates. IceLab affiliates are expected to participate in IceLab activities when possible and contribute to furthering our mission of connecting researchers.
Apply through the online application form (see link at the bottom of the page). You will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours.
To be considered, an application will include the following information (in English):
- In the online application form:
- Project title
- Names and contact information of the applicants
- Project summary with research question (max 500 words)
- Description of the multidisciplinary approach (max 500 words)
- Added value – how does a shared postdoc critically contribute to collaborative project
- Research areas involved
- Description of collaborations and synergies with IceLab members and activities
- Uploaded team description including CVs for all applicants (max 3 pages per applicant), and details regarding applicants’ roles and responsibilities in the project (one PDF document)
- Uploaded detailed project description including scientific background, research plan and feasibility. (one PDF document, max 3 pages)
2021-04-20 Call opens: Open Online Information and Pitch Session
2021-05-20 Application deadline
2021-05-27 Final decision sent to applicants
2021-06-10 Ad posted for postdoctoral fellows and start of recruitment phase 2
2021-08-31 Postdoctoral fellowship application deadline
2022-01-01 Project start deadline