IceLab Multidisciplinary Program Call Information and Pitch Session
May 4 @ 14:30 - 15:30
Information Session Program
- Introduction to IceLab and model of collaboration.
- Information on the IceLab multidisciplinary postdoctoral program.
- Pitch Session
Please register your intention to attend, or pitch at, this event. A Zoom link will be made available to registered attendees. We will be in touch with those that choose to pitch with some specific information on how to put an open pitch together for this session.
There are four researchers presenting pitches at the information meeting, seeking collaborators:
- Heidi Burdett, Associate professor at Department of Ecology and Environmental Science.
In her pitch she will highlight recent work on coralline algae photosynthesis, and the outstanding questions surrounding photosynthetic variability at (sub)individual to habitat scales (they create habitats very similar to coral reefs). She is potentially interested in connecting with researchers with experience in light/optical modelling, photonics, quantum theory… but also possibly researchers interested in laboratory research on, for example, genetic changes.
- Priyantha Wijayatunga, Associate professor at Umeå School of Business, Economics and Statistics (USBE).
Priyantha will present one of the following two tools:
1) Measuring accurately statistical dependence (applications can be genetics, e.g., gene transcript levels that vary periodically with the cell cycle, or protein interaction modelling, etc. )
2) A new model for prediction of state of a system based on past multi-model variations, e.g., prediction of the clinical state of a patient based on past ECG, heart rate, pressure, etc. variations
He is also interested in open problems and questions to help out with.
- Linus Andersson, Associate professor at Department of Psychology, Deputy Director at Curiosum.
- Mehdi Moradi, Associate professor at Department of Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics.