In search of collaborators to study algal photosynthesis, becoming Bayesian, cell shape and apply statistical tools.
May 4, 2023
Five researchers pitched projects during the IceLab multidisciplinary postdoctoral project call information session. They are seeking project partners to complete their teams and submit a project together for the call. Find out more about their pitches and reach out to them if they interest you!
Pitches from researchers looking for collaborators during the IceLab multidisciplinary postdoctoral project call information session.
1. Heidi Burdett, Associate professor at Department of Ecology and Environmental Science.
The pitch highlights recent work on coralline algae photosynthesis, and the outstanding questions surrounding photosynthetic variability at (sub)individual to habitat scales. She is interested in connecting with researchers with experience in light/optical modelling, photonics, quantum theory.
2. Priyantha Wijayatunga, Associate professor at Umeå School of Business, Economics and Statistics (USBE).
The pitch presents two tools:
1) Measuring accurately statistical dependence (applications can be genetics, e.g., gene transcript levels that vary periodically with the cell cycle, or protein interaction modelling, etc. )
2) A new model for prediction of state of a system based on past multi-model variations, e.g., prediction of the clinical state of a patient based on past ECG, heart rate, pressure, etc. variations
3. Linus Andersson, Associate professor at Department of Psychology, Deputy Director at Curiosum.
This pitch presents an idea for a project regarding human judgment and decision making, its neural base, which could include modelling. He is looking for researchers with modelling expertise, and more generally anyone interested in the project.
4. Mehdi Moradi, Associate professor at Department of Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics.
This pitch presents a research tool or approach that a collaborator might have data or an idea to apply it to.
5. Stéphanie Robert, Professor, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology, UPSC, Umeå.
This pitch presents an open project idea: modelling regulation of plant leaf pavement cell shape acquisition.